Sunday, July 24, 2011

Biblical/Wordly Definitions of Fool.



It is wonderful how God works cause somewhere my littles have heard the word fool and have been using it.  I have always hated this word.  But I have hated this word because of the wordly definition which is 

Fool: noun, a harmless deranged person or one lacking in common powers of understanding. 

But this morning in Sunday School we discussed this word in detail.  I shared a memory I had from 4th grade.

I remember when I was in public school in 4th grade and a boy in my class called someone a fool.  My teacher Mrs. Washington had him read from the bible.  At the time I do not remember exactly what bible verse it was that she had him read. But I am lead to believe it was one of these below most likely Matthew 5:22. 

The Biblical definition of Fool is the person who denies there is a God. 

As found in Psalm 14:1

The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” 

and

As found in Matthew 5:22b

...and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Both biblical and wordly definitions of this word are ugly.  I myself do NOT want myself or my children to a biblical fool!  We will be discussing the biblical definition the next time some one says this word. 

How about you?




Lil' Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...