Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jump In:

Our new writing program is going rather smoothly, I think??? (said with the fear that I will have just jinxed it) 
We are using a program called 


As you can see it says for reluctant and eager writers. I have a reluctant writer.  He can't stand to write mostly because his spelling is awful.  He gets stuck on the spelling of a word and forgets his train of thought.  He is really bad about using word abbreviations instead of the whole words. Where sometimes word abbreviations are okay, using them in a story is not okay. 

Today he was working on writing his opinions. He really enjoyed that assignment.  He can give his opinion any day, typical pre-teen. As we were talking about his opinions we some how got into a conversation on analogies.  We ended up going down a whole bunny trail (off topic of school) with all kinds of analogies.  It was really a fun time.  I love when my son and I can have conversations like this. Helps  me to remember why we homeschool!   


Lil' Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...