Saturday, September 28, 2013

Rain, Mud and Science

Oh my goodness.....

That is all I can say....

After all the rain we had in the past few days. Our back yard is full of mud and anything that can hold water is well... holding it.

People ask me how I teach science in elementary, it is not hard to teach science when you can have the HANDS on exploration like my kids have had this week.

This week we have had aq weather lesson. Watching the rain from all kinds of different places.



We looked at rain up close...


Then when it all stopped and it had collected in different places in our back yard we looked closer at how much water had collected and talked about how much rain had actually fallen.



Then as I had my back turned and my two sweet loving children chose to do their own experiment and well  this is what we ended up with....



Yep, a wet muddy puppy. 

We also covered dog bathing and grooming. That is a science in it self....







Lil Momma Strouse

1 comment:

  1. We only rain here one day last week...not enough to check out and explore. :(

    Great photos! Your little puppy is so cute! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...