Saturday, March 29, 2014

Bible Verses in my homeschool

Spring Break this week for our local school system.  My kids decided they “needed” spring break too. I agreed because sometimes a mom/teacher needs a break too. Of course when I am okay with taking a break is when Honey decides she wants to work on things she has been fighting with me on. Isn’t that the way it goes. Maybe I should just tell her we are going to take a “BREAK” more often. That way she will come to me and ask to do school, like she did this week.

I wish it was that easy. I really do. Being a mom and a teacher are two of the hardest jobs anyone can do and being both makes it the top hard job in my book.

I have been leaning on God for instruction on some areas of our schooling more than others.
A verse that come to mind is…

Brandy, rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12.

Let Brandy not be weary in well doing: for in due season Brandy shall reap if Brandy is faint not. Galatians 6:9

God can do abundantly more than Brandy can imagine Ephesians 3:20.

“Consider it pure joy, Brandy, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that Brandy may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

I read those with my name in them to help with my reading comprehension. Putting my name in the verses helps the verses to be more personal.

What verses help you through your homeschooling?

Lil Momma Strouse

1 comment:

  1. That's funny...my boys have done the same thing to me in the past. Asking to school when we are on a break. But when we aren't on a break, asking if they can take a break. Haha. I guess that's just one of those things. They don't fight me when I tell them it's not a break time, but it cracks me up when they ask.

    Great idea, about adding your name to your Bible versus, to make them more personal to resonate more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...