Friday, March 19, 2010

Being Hit Where It Hurts....

I am reading the book "Dancing with My Father" by Sally Clarkson I have not gotten very far into this book and wow it has really hits you right in the gut.




Like today I read the following....

"What I have found, though, is that God is not threatened or moved my tantrums."

WOW! I think of my own children.  How at some points their tantrums really bug me and get under my skin.  But God looks at mine and it does not even affect him.

Sally Clarkson goes on to say "He knows what I really need, and he, like any good parent, is willing to bear with my accusations of him, knowing that ultimately if my heart is tuned to him and if I love him, after whining against his discipline and after resisting him, he will yield in my life the results of a mature character and divine fruit."

Again I think of my own children, as a parent I am willing to wait out my childrens tantrums. What do I want my children to learn after they have their tantrums?  The same thing my Father wants me to learn.  That no matter what I will be there for them; as no matter what my Father will be there for me.

You know the saying "Do as I say Not as I do" not really a very nice thing to do.  But I find that I do this often with my children.  I expect them to listen to me as their parent and obey me; yet I am not being obedient to my own Father.  

I am learning so much from this book. I can't wait to share more with you as I keep reading.

I leave you with this verse...

"All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been training by it, afterwords it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."
Hebrews 12:11


Lil' Momma

1 comment:

  1. Oh Brandy, I am learning so much from this book too! I keep jotting down quotes from it in my journal... I'm practically copying down the whole book! :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...