Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Real" Preschool ?



Honey Bear turned 3years old and I have not done any "real" preschool stuff w/ her. Looking back on Biggun, I think I might have pushed him to fast in some things, thus he has some learning challanges.  My goal is not to do that w/ Honey Bear or Moose.

Lets see, Honey Bear plays which is the best schooling for her.  But what other the basics does she know so far....

Colors - she knows some already - (Thanks Sesame Street)
Shapes - she knows some of those, too (good old doodling worked here)
Farm Animals - yep she knows those (puzzles and books have done their trick)
Pets and Water Animals - she knows most of those (books have worked well)
Transportation - she knows about those too (thanks to Bob the Builder)
Family - (Baby dolls, kitchen set and oh our real family have helped here)


I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. That even though I am not sitting down daily and doing "preschool" activities with Honey Bear, like she would do if she went to a "formal preschool", she is still learning daily!  God is good that way.  Every day is a day of learning.




I will share that we did just start working on some fun activities using the Brown Bear Brown Bear book.  I got the print outs from 1+1+1=1 Tot School Packet. Not that we are doing them every day, only about 2 or 3 times a week. Even Moose got in on working on the art part of our day today....








Lil' Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...