Monday, March 1, 2010

Time4Learning

    home education

In 2007 we started using Time4Learning.  Biggun really enjoyed it.  We had to stop because his reading level was not moving as fast as Time4Learning was.  (My son shows signs of dyslexia causing him to slow down.) Well his reading level has improved, so we have gone back to Time4Learning.  Biggun is doing great!  He got up this am and was almost done w/ his schooling before I ever out of bed.  He is doing Language Arts and Math on Time4Learning.  We had originally only planned on him doing Language Arts on T4Ling but after we had a small issue w/ the math program he was using we decided to add in Math. The first day of math he was working on it after I left for work, his Dad was home w/ him, he called me at work and was SOOO excited.  "Mom, I got a 100% on my first Math quiz!"

We have a rule if he does not get 80% or higher on a quiz then he has to retake it.  So far he has only had to take two quiz's in LA so far.  He is really doing good and loves the characters on the program.  I will be in the other room w/ the littles and I can hear him giggling at the program.  

As most mom's know homeschool, private school or public school kids just don't like to do school work because it is well, WORK.  It has been a great to hear him enjoying his school work.

On a side note I would like to share a treasure I found today.  Thanks to a blog I follow, Heart of the Matter they posted this great resourse for FREE audio books.  And we use TONS of audio books in our home.  Audio School
Lil' Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...