Monday, May 31, 2010

Pre-Teens

Praying for my pre-teen.  Praying for everyone out there who has a pre-teen or even a teenager.  We have started our journey into the world of pre-teens and are looking for wisdom from the Lord on how to handle and raise him.


I am brought to a few verses that help me remember where I need to be w/ my children. What I need to be working on teaching them.  Maybe it will help any other parent out there.


"Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had." Philippians 2:3-5

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? Matthew 16:24-26

But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God. Acts:20:24


And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules. 2 Timothy 2:5

To encourage our children...

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. 2 Timothy 4:7

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.  Philippians 2:16

My child, never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart. Proverbs 3:1

Follow my advice, my son; always treasure my commands.  Obey my commands and live! Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes. Proverbs 7:1-2

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16


Lord help me to use your words to lead my children down the right paths.

Lil' Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...