Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Victoriously Frazzled - Update Week 5-6

We are the end of a great bible study.  To read the Chapter 1-2 and Chapter 3-4 updates just click on them. 



The past two weeks have been just as good as the first 4.  Week 5 was all about Getting Old.  I know everyone loves to talk about getting old, right?  This weeks bible verse was...

"I will be the same until your old age, and I will bear you up when you turn gray.  I have made you, and I will carry you; I will bear and save you." Isaiah 46:4.

Love that it says it right there in black n white (blue and white) that God will be there for me no matter what age I am. Young or Old! 

I loved this quote she had on page 72.
"God uses everything in  your life to grow your experience, faith and love for HIM!"
That really made me think about this past year.  How has this past year with my hubbies motorcycle accident and his most recent case of health issues grown my life in faith and love for HIM.  Well I can share that it has brought me closer to HIM.  I have been turning to my heavenly Father more and more for the bad, but more importantly for the good.  Thanking him for the little not just the big. 

One of the things we do as we get older is worry.  Worry about getting old, worry about our children's future, worry about our financial future... the list goes on.  One of the verses she shared was Matthew 6:25.  This chapter in Matthew has been a very big part of my life this past year.  I would like to share Matthew 6:31-34 with you....

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:31-34 NKJV

This week Cindi also ask you to think about those in your life young and old that have influenced you and your walk with God.  As I thought of that, I did not realize how many people in my life that have shown me God's love.  I am truly blessed. 

She ended Week 5 with "Let your scars be reminders. That's All!"  She gives you some great ideas on how to do this on page 84 and 85. 
1. Recognize your need for God.
2. Refuse to compare yourself with others.
3. Develop godly relationships.

"A man who has friends must himself be friendly" Proverbs 18:24 NKJV.

Week 6 was a week of reflection from the first 5 weeks.  If you would like to know how I reflected on all 5 weeks prior just read the previous post and you will have a good idea how the week of reflection went for me. 

I highly recommend this bible study to all those Frazzled Females out there.

Lil' Momma
I did not get paid to share my opinion about this bible study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...