What are some of the things you would tell a NEW homeschooler?
First I would say YES you can HOMESCHOOL!
Then I would share a few things I have learned over the years.
- Finding a good homeschooling guide will help you get started.
- Remember every child learns differently.
- Find your child's learning style. Don't be surprised if it is different for different subjects or different for each child you are homeschooling.
- There are LOTS of homeschool curriculum out there and NON are the magic answer.
- Just because one type of curriculum works for one subject does not mean it will work for all your subjects.
- Just because one type of curriculum works for one CHILD does not mean it will work for ALL of your children.
- School does NOT have to be done at the kitchen table or at a desk. Some of our best school days happen on a bed, couch or even outside on a blanket.
What would you share with a new homeschooler that would help put spark in their new adventure?
If I get enough comments I might start a LINKY for Homeschool Spark.