Monday, December 27, 2010

Theme for 2011

I have been reading other blogs and there are many blogs out there that talk about choosing a meaningful word to focus on for the new year. Some blogs I have read about this are Jamie at Simple Homeschool and Latte Junkie. There are more out there, I encourage you to look around.

This sounded like a great idea to me.  Since this past year 2010 
I can only sum up w/ one word that that is PAINFUL.  It was painful, physically, emotionally and financially.  I don't ever want to have another year like 2010.  

As I am reading through some of these other sites and some of the suggestions for words a few words have spoke to me.  

Strong
Simple
Positive
Hope
Possibilities 

But I kept going back to the word FOCUS.

fo·cus
[foh-kuhs]
–noun
a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity.


So my word for this 2011 is 
FOCUS. 

Focus on healing of our family.
Focus on the positive in each day.
Focus more on my family and not what others are doing.
Focus more on my husband as my love, not just the other rolls he has.
Focus on what matters.
Focus on my time and making every minute count.
Most important Focus our lives on GOD.  




No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I FOCUS on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 
Philippians 3:13 NLV



To FOCUS our minds on the human nature leads to death, but to FOCUS our minds on the Spirit leads to life and peace.  
Romans 8:6 ISV


Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers, and teaching them. 
1Timothy 4:13.

So what word would you choose to be your theme word for 2011?











Lil' Momma

1 comment:

  1. lol funny as it sounds, I had the same idea! I think you picked an excellent word!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...