I am sharing a list of "You might be a homeschooler if..."
- your desk is actually your bed.
- you have or you dream of a room the size of your living room full of books!
- you have a bookshelf of some sort in EVERY room in your house including the bathroom.
- you have as many reference books as your local library.
- going to the grocery store is a multilevel math course and reading assignment.
- reading signs during a car ride is part of your spelling curriculum.
- every room in your home has something education posted on the walls.
- you do most of your school in your pj's.
- non-homeschooler family/friends call you in the middle of the day for a ride cause no one else is home.
- cleaning the bathroom becomes part of the weekly science lesson.
- you use video games as you grade level vocabulary lessons.
- staying up late to star gaze is science.
- your family vacation is usually to the state homeschool conference and your family would not have it any other way.
- your kids sleep till 9am and start school at noon.
- a day at the beach becomes your new classroom for the day or week.
- you go to the movies during the middle of the day, then go home and assign your children to write an essay about the movie.
- you have a netflix account and have watched almost every documentary available on stream.
- you are learning more teaching your kids then you did when you where in school.
- the teacher sets you up in a subject of choice then goes and takes a shower.
- you watch the "Baby Story" on TLC to add to your health unit on reproduction.
- during school you take a fold laundry break.
- the fold laundry break becomes a lesson in math on angels as you fold the towels.
- flying a kite is a common p.e. activity.
I can keep going and going and going. No we don't do all of the above that I mentioned but we do many of them and I have heard friends who have done them.
Do you have anything that makes you stand out as a homeschooler? Please share in the comments section.
Don't forget to sign up for a chance to win Blogging101 course.