Monday, June 13, 2011

Boy Scout Camp - Week full of Science!

Well it is that time of year again, Boy Scout camp week! This is the week that I have to remind myself that Biggun is, big and can handle being w/o his Mom for a solid week.  It is very hard to on me at times, when he is gone.  

Being a homeschool family he is w/ me almost 24/7.  On the occasion that he is at a friends house for the night or two I know he is only down the street or across town.  But this week he is at 


On a good note he is able to text me and/or call me if he can get reception.  He did this last night.  The first couple nights are always the hardest for him.  (and hardest for Mom too.)

Here is a neat tid bit, I learned that the troop that is sharing the camp site with our troop this year is from Guatemala!  How cool is that?  

The Boy Scout program is a perfect extra to any homeschool. It helps me to have all kinds of things that I would not normally be able to do on my own.  Got to love that!

I think we might include some geography games when he gets back.  I am not sure he even knows where Guatemala is, but as a homeschooler this just opens up a door to learn.

The Merit Badges that he signed up for this summer are 

Environmental Science
Mammal Study
Oceanography 
Reptile Study

A summer of science!  I can't wait to build on that when he comes back. I am sure I can find some science experiments to add to our summer to fun. We can just call this the Summer of Science!!!  

I can't wait till he comes back home.  I miss my baby! No matter how big he is. 

Oh! I almost forgot before he left for camp he went night fishing with his Dad and some friends for his birthday.  He did a great job catching some fish.  This picture is of his largest fish he caught. 



Same fish different camera, sorry the pics were taken on cell phones.

Lil' Momma

3 comments:

  1. Cool! My sons were never interested in the Boy Scouts, but my two older daughters both did Girl Scout for several years. I don't know if my youngest will or not, kind of depends on finding a good troop. You're right, it makes an awesome supplement to homeschooling. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like so much fun! Thanks so much for stopping by and emailing me :).

    The camp looks like a bunch of fun, I want my sons to get into Scouts. I hope to get my oldest in it now. Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to always save all our science for summer and every summer was truly a "summer of science." It was so much fun, though!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...