Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Learning the Hard Way!


Sometimes I feel just like this picture! Like all I can do is cry. That is what happens when I live to learn the hard way. Learning the hard way is not always my favorite way of learning.  But lately it seems like the ONLY way that myself and my children are learning anything.  Yes I said MYSELF.  As I hang my head in shame, I admit that I have not been leaning on God enough instead I have been leaning on SELF.  I am reminded that I am NOT in control, but God is.  God has reminded me recently to STOP thinking I can fix it ALL but to leave it up to him to decide the way things should go.

Deuteronomy 8:2

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
2 Brandy, you shall remember all the way which the LORD your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.


Exodus 20:20

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
20 Brandy ! “Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin.”


That last bible verse (Exodus 20:20) really hit home.  God test me in order that that I may remain with him.  God reminds me often that He is in control. Just because I want something does not mean it is His will. Or just because I feel we as a family need something that it is God's will that we get it.  


That took a long time for me admit that to be true.  I wanted what I wanted and God was supposed to do what I wanted.  WOW! Does that sound like a 2year old tantrum or what?  


The longer I am a parent the more I understand where God is coming from when he speaks to us through the Bible.  We are His children and we are to obey like we want our own children to obey us.  Sometimes as a parent we will let our children fall on their faces so as to learn a lesson.  Our God does the same thing.  It is not always easy for us to let our children learn the hard way, and it is not always easy on God to let us learn the hard way.  


Matthew 5:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)16 Brandy, Let your light shine before your family (men) in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.



Starting a blog was one way I was able to share how I have learned the hard way.  Being able to share what God has done for me and my family and when I have put my foot in my mouth so to speak.  Recently God has really helped us get through the adjustment of Big Daddy and his motorcycle accident.  He has granted Big Daddy the ability to go back to work.  But God reminds Big Daddy daily that he is still in control.  How you might ask; daily Big Daddy comes home in pain from work.  Some days are better then others.  This reminds Big Daddy that his accident could have been worse.  He could have been paralyzed.  Big Daddy thanks God daily for the pain he is in.  I know that sounds strange but we have learned that you NEED to thank God for everything even the not so nice stuff, cause it could always be worse.  


Waiting on God is so hard.  We wait for the final judgement from the motorcycle accident is hard.  The waiting to see what His will is seems like it could take forever.  But then God does not work on our time schedule but his own.  

Hebrews 13:5

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
5 Make sure that, Brandy, your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,”



Another area we are waiting on God to show us the way, what we as a family are praying for is how to proceed with Honey and her schooling.  Not wanting to start to early but not wanting to start to late.  Honey learning to read is what scares me the most.  Biggun has struggled so much with his reading that I want a clear answer from God before I move forward with Honey and her schooling.  



Psalm 143:1

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

 1 Hear my prayer, O LORD,
Give ear to my supplications!
Answer me in Your faithfulness, in Your righteousness!


1 Corinthians 10:31

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

 31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.




Lil' Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...