Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 the Year of having Contentment

Last year the my word for the year was Focus. We did our best to stay focused on the things that where important all year. Sometimes we failed but other times it sure did help us to know where we needed to focus on most, our Father in Heaven.


This year as soon as I started to think of our word of the year the first word that came to mind was Contentment.  As I thought of other words I still kept going back to Content. I took this as God telling me that I need to work on this. That our family needs to work on this as a whole.

 2 Corinthians 12:9-11
English Standard Version (ESV)
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


I want to be able say and live verse 11 and really mean it. 

Philippians 4:10-12

English Standard Version (ESV)
 10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

I want my teach and live by example for my children verses 6 & 7.

1 Timothy 6:5-9

English Standard Version (ESV)
5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. 8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

We all need to be reminded daily of this verse below. 

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”


I will be typing these verses up and posting them in our home. This will help my family remember what our word for 2012 is. 

CONTENTMENT - CONTENT
2012


What is your word for the year of 2012?


Lil' Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...