Thursday, May 31, 2012

Books vs Audio Books



My oldest (12) loves to listen to audio books. In fact he asked me if there was a version of Little Men for girls. When I told him yes but it was about girl stuff. He still wanted to LISTEN to it on audio.  But here is my problem Biggun needs to be READING not just listening to books. He is not picky on what he listens. Any thing from homschool fiction to historical biographies. Again the issue is he wants to LISTEN to all of these type of books.

A friend of mine and I where talking about how I can change this from listening to reading these books. We talked about choosing a list of books he has to read for the following year. We talked about finding books that he can listen to and follow along with (the issue with that is he will not follow along)

I do believe I am going to sign him up for a literature class at co-op this coming semester. To help us with this issue.

How do you in courage your non reader to read?

On to figure out what we are going to do for middle school writing.


Lil Momma Strouse

1 comment:

  1. One thing I suggest is to require him to follow along in the real-life book as the audio is playing...at least for some of his reading. This did WONDERS for my youngest, who did this for about 1 1/2 years and then suddenly ditched the audio and started reading everything on his own. He was about your son's age when he did this, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...