Sunday, October 28, 2012

P.E. What do you do?

What do you do for PE? Yes, I asked PE, as in Physical Education. I know some homeschoolers who don't do anything in this area and just let their kids enjoy their childhood and just let them play.  Honestly, that is what we have done most of Bigguns homeschooling career. We have also done other things too. One year he played t-ball.  We learned very fast that our boy is not a sports person.  But we still have done some fun things that can be counted as PE.

Last semester Biggun took two classes at Co-op that where very physical. One he played games in and another he was in life skills outside. These where both counted in my book as PE. Lately my son and my husband have been walking at night while pushing the littles in jogging strollers. This is not only great time with his dad but he is also getting that physical action that he needs. They jog sometimes, race sometimes it is a great time for the two of them.

But I have to say the most entertaining to watch so far this year for PE was when my son went with some friends to a fair and he spent 2 hours doing his PE. I can also say he learned about automotive parts at the same time.




Do you do any unusual things for your PE? These pictures and a small report written by Biggun will go into his homeschool portfolio


Lil Momma Strouse

2 comments:

  1. We don't do anything for P.E. I keep planning to plan something but never quite get around to it. They are all pretty active though. My older 2 walk a lot. They usually walk at least 2 or 3 miles a day. The younger 3 run and play, skate and ride bikes. They are all sadly lacking in knowledge of how to play sports though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure between one tap class, tons of bike riding and walking, and two strength training workouts a week, not to mention those days when the boy child goes to work with dad, we're good. Like yours, my boy just isn't into sports. He likes to play volleyball and kickball and a few others, but he's just not into the competitiveness of sports. We'll stick to "car smashes" and mountain hikes! By the way, how long were bigguns arms and shoulders sore?? Jared was feeling that sledge hammer for quite a few days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...