Saturday, October 19, 2013

My Mom's Special Day

The first weekend of the October, my sister, mom and I went up to my dad's grave site for my Mom's birthday.  I know that sounds strange but when we asked my Mom what she wanted to do for her birthday she said "I always spend it with your Daddy." We made a long day of it, just us girls. It would have been nice if my Oldest Sister had been there, too. After we had shared some chocolate in honor of Daddy, my sister and I had a surprise up our sleeve for our mom.




My sister told my Mom that her husband had programed in a "back roads" way to go back home into her GPS.  This sounded like something my brother-in-law would do, so Mom did not question it.





What we where actually doing was going to a Butterfly Farm called The Greathouse Butterfly Farm


Since my Mom LOVES butterflies and she had mentioned in passing that Daddy was supposed to take her to one for her birthday this year. My Sister and I decided to surprise her.  Boy was she surprised, even had tears in her eyes. 

(look close my sister has a butterfly on her head)








The Greathouse Farm is a very educational place. It is great for field trips for those new to homeschool or the veteran homeschooler.  They have a great educators programs. 

We even saw a butterfly with HEARTS on its wings. This was a sign that Daddy was there and approved of our special day together. 












Lil Momma Strouse

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to celebrate your mom's birthday! Loved reading this this morning. Thanks so much for sharing, and for the posting the lovely photos! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...