Saturday, August 28, 2010

Victoriously Frazzled - Update Week 3-4

I shared about Week 2 so lets see what highlights I have for week 3 and 4. 


"Whatever you want others to do for you, do also the same for them " Matthew 7:12


This was week 3's memory verse, and growing up we hear this all the time from our Mom and Dad's but here it is in GOD's word!!! This week talked about how to control our tongue and respond God's way and not our own way.

"A hot-tempered [woman] stirs up dissension, but a patient [woman] calms a quarrel. " Proverbs 15:18.

The idea of an accountability partner came up, more on that later...
We discussed how God shows his glory through us.

We should be humbled, in awe, and thankful, but not surprised! 
"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as through God were making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20) We are "Jesus in the flesh" to a world who does not know Him.  We can encourage our brothers and sisters who do know Him with His love and His constant presence in our lives.  Page 45.


This week showed me that I need to work harder at showing others how God works in my life.

Week 4's Memory verse was "Come with me by your(self) to a quiet place and get some rest" Mark 6:31.  Week 4 was about experiencing God's practical power.  Do we hear God's voice when he is talking to us or are we even listening? 

We go through times of feeling distant from God for many reasons. One of the most powerful lessons I have learned through these trying times is that I must never base my relationships with Jesus solely on my feelings.  If I do, my feelings will tell me He has betrayed me and I know that will NEVER happen!   Page 56

Wow, how many times have I done that? To many to count. This week reminded me that God is there for us in the BIG and the small, we just have to open our hearts to hear him.

She also reminds us that God wants to hear us.  I don't mean a silent prayer between you and God.  Not that, silent prayer is bad or anything, but God wants to HEAR us vocalize for him. Reading his words out loud, singing songs of praise out loud to him (joyful noise) , praying out loud to him.


"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your MOUTH that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10 NIV


Making scripture more personal is another thing she recommends.  Example "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13 NIV) to "I can do everything through You who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13.)

Another example is "He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield in whom I take refuge." (Psalm 144:2 NIV) TO You are My loving God, My fortress, My stronghold, and My deliverer, My shield in whom I take refuge. (Psalm 144:2)

The last thing week 4 talks about is Morning (anytime) Quiet time routine.  I am still working on this.  And you might be hearing more about this coming up in the next few weeks.

Until then, I encourage you to get this study the Victoriously Frazzled Bible Study by Cindy Wood and start it today!!!



Lil' Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...